Citizenobsessed’s goal is to educate and engage citizens and thus we publish under a Creative Commons — Attribution/No derivatives license. This means you can republish our articles online or in print for free, provided you follow the below guidelines. (Please let us know if you republish our stories; it makes us happy!)
Story Republishing Guidelines
1. You must give us credit, ideally in this format: “by John Doe, Citizenobsessed.”
2. If you publish online, you must include the links from the story, and a link to citizenobsessed.com.
3. It’s fine to change the story to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style. If you do wish to make material edits, you will need to run them by the author for approval prior to publication.
4. If you make changes that are more significant than style tweaks – you need to include a note to reflect this addition.
5. You can publish our photos and graphics with the stories with which they originally appeared. For any other uses, you must contact us for permission.
6. You may not sell the story.
9. Don’t sell ads against the story. Feel free, however, to publish it on a page surrounded by ads you’ve already sold.
From time to time, Citizenobsessed publishes content written by other newsrooms with permission. Stories written by third-party partners are not available for republishing, unlike regular Citizenobsessed stories. For questions, email [email protected]
For questions regarding Citizenobsessed’s republishing guidelines, please contact April Ngo, founder of Citizenobsessed, at [email protected]